If you have responsibility for audio, video and film holdings and want help — contact me! I’m happy to give free informal advice, and I’m happy to undertake consultancy tasks at very reasonable rates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 25 years of experience in audiovisual archiving, digitisation and preservation;
- a digital signal processing engineer with a PhD from the University of Southampton;
- started the Presto series of projects in 1999: Presto, PrestoSpace, PrestoPRIME (which launched the PrestoCentre) — and recently (2013-2014) Presto4U;
- created the Preservation Guide wiki; and
- many presentations and publications promoting audiovisual preservation. Online presentations in Slideshare here: http://www.slideshare.net/Richard19461 including a two-day course in audiovisual preservation
My annual reports on audiovisual matters are here — along with links to recent PrestoCentre and EUScreen annual reports.
NEW: a wealth of information on audiovisual preservation is now on the AVA_Net library.
How to get started in audiovisual preservation:
I’ve written FAQ answers for the PrestoCentre. These are brief answers to the basic questions. They provide an introduction to the wealth of information from the Presto Projects and PrestoCentre, now part of the AVA_Net library.